Instagram launched in 2010 as a fun way to share all kinds of photos with friends and family. However, it quickly became a powerful platform for influencers, major brands, and e-commerce. If you want to take your business to the next level in 2020, creating a shoppable Instagram account is one way to reach even more of your audience. Learn how to sell your print-on-demand products on Instagram.
With 90% of accounts already following a business account on Instagram, the likelihood of attracting followers as a business is high. One of the most appealing aspects of creating shoppable posts on Instagram is that businesses can now appeal to a global audience. In 2018, Instagram released the shopping capability to these countries:
UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Netherlands, Switzerland, Ireland, South Africa, Belgium, Austria, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Cyprus, Denmark, Czech Republic, Romania, Norway, Hungary, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay, Malta, Ecuador, Panama, Belize, Dominican Republic, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Australia, and Japan.
Small businesses across the globe have more ability to reach audiences on Instagram than ever before. With the addition of even more features such as tagging and a native “checkout” feature, it makes sense to start selling your awesome designs and print-on-demand products on Instagram.
1. Post Regularly: For success on any social platform, having a regular posting schedule is essential for building an audience.
2. Show Variations of Your Products: Instagram is a very visual platform. Creating appealing images is incredibly important and showing variations of your products helps attract more followers. Whether it’s showing your products with different backgrounds or highlighting different designs, be sure your newsfeed is filled with attractive images which will entice your audience to buy!
3. Create Story Highlights: Story highlights sit at the top of your Instagram profile. You can create highlights to showcase your products and designs. When a new potential customer visits your profile, they can get a quick snapshot of what you are all about.
4. Feature Multiple Products Together: Customers LOVE seeing collections when they’re thinking about purchasing new home décor, so consider featuring multiple products together on your feed. Show your customers what their home space could look like.
5. Build Audience Engagement: Engaging with your audience is one of the best ways to grow your brand and build your audience! Try out a variety of engagement tactics and see what works best with your target audience.
6. Tell Your Customers They Can Shop on Your Account: Customers may not know they can shop on your account. Once you get everything set up for shoppable posts, make an announcement and let your audience know shopping just got easier!
7. Tag Your Products in Your Posts: Once you have a product catalog connected to your Instagram account, don’t forget to tag your products! When customers come across your post and see the shopping bag icon in the top right corner of your post, they’ll know they can browse other products or purchase right from your account.
You can find a complete, step-by-step guide to walk you through setting your Instagram account up for shopping here. Before you get started, there are a few items you’ll need to check to be sure your account is eligible for shopping.
Shoppable posts on Instagram can be a game-changer for your e-commerce business. You’ll be able to drive even more traffic to your products and designs!
Ready to set up shop? Let GearLaunch help! We’ll have you up and running in no time.